Your privacy is important to the Thackray Medical Research Trust. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our grant applicants and website visitors. This privacy statement sets out how we will treat your personal information.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
The Thackray Medical Research Trust may collect, store and use:
- Personal information which could include names, dates of birth, private and/or work address, telephone number and email, and other details including education, work and publications history of people enquiring about grants, grant applicants and others who benefit from or take part in your project. This may be:
- Information that you provide to us when enquiring about grants;
- Information that you provide to us for when applying for grants or reporting back or providing case studies on successful grant applications;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
USING PERSONAL DATA
Personal information submitted to us via our website, directly via email or post, over the telephone, in person or by any other means will be used for the purposes specified below:
- Any information that you provide may be discussed with Trustees, employees or advisors and will be held as necessary to help us in dealing with your enquiry and analysing any enquiries received.
- Trustees, employees and carefully chosen advisors may use your information to complete a thorough assessment of your grant application.
- We may also approach and share your information with your past or present employers, referees and/or other funders who have supported you in the past or who are considering part-funding your project.
- After a successful applicant has reported on their grant, we may publish project details on our website and publications or presentations by trustees representing TMRT.
- We may also use your information to respond to your queries, to send you payments or to contact you about any aspect of your application and/or project.
- We may send you copies of our newsletter and/or annual report, or contact you to update you about our future funding priorities.
- In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
By completing a grant application form, you will be providing your explicit consent to the collection and retention of any information you provide. Information provided by grantees for the purpose of reporting or case studies, will not be shared outside our organisation without your consent.
This information is collected for the purpose of improving our website and communications.
Apart from the instances mentioned above, your data will not be shared with third parties.
The Thackray Medical Research Trust will not keep your data for longer than necessary and any unneeded data will be destroyed securely. However we may retain data relating to both successful and unsuccessful grant applications for archive purposes, to help inform future grant making policy/processes, and in order to facilitate a high standard of due diligence which will enable the charity to continue to fulfil its charitable objects.
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information that we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the provision of a fee and will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
If you have concerns about how we use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
PRIVACY STATEMENT UPDATE
We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
We may also notify you of changes to our privacy statement by email.
The website contains links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by the Thackray Medical Research Trust. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites, which are provided for your convenience only.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our treatment of your personal information, or would like to see a copy of the Trust’s Data Protection Policy, please contact the Chair of Trustees at the address on the contact page.
10th April 2019